Tutorial: Tribal Red and Blue

Posted: May 2, 2010 in Dramatic, Tutorials

Hey guys!  Just messing around with some eye shadows and lashes from my birthday.

1. I started with a clean eye and applied primer and then a matte brown cream shadow on the outer half extending all the way up tot he brow.

2. Patted a gold shadow onto the inner half of my lid

3. Took Kat Von D’s tattoo eyeliner and first went along my lash line as I normally would.  Halfway I began to curve it upwards and around the ball of my eye.  Or .. my eyeball.. ! Hahaha!  Okay anyways.  Thickened the line on top and slowly took it out, creating a large wing.  Filled in the outer part beneath the wing with a coal black eyeshadow, as shadows will be blended into the outer later.

4. Blocked in my next two colors.

5. Took a light concealer and with an eyeliner brush painted it in between the top “block” and the black eyeliner.  Took a bright turquoise and blended into the outer.

6. Lined waterline in black and then directly beneath that took a bright blue eyeliner pencil and swept all the way across.  Sealed that line in with another thin black line.

7. Touched up here and there to brighten ze shadows and define the lines.  This involved extending the red shadow with a little hot pink and adding more blue to the outer.

About these ads
Comments
  1. OMG this is creepy because I wanted to do a look exactly like this but I was like haha…don’t got the skills. Actually the reason I wanted to do this look was because I got so inspired by the feathers Alicia Keys was wearing on her album cover. Anyways this is crazy, crazy good. Do more step by steps in the future! They’re so encouraging. Love this look~~

• mytigerlily says:

Dude thats cool! Well now you should try it!! It will make me feel a little more useful i this world :) It does remind me a lot of her album cover – the lashes especially. I def appreciate it when other people do step by steps and I think it makes their fotd’s less daunting.. but I don’t have the time to always be watching videos! so yeah photo step by steps are de best. You keep them up too :)

2. Catherine says:

OMG WOW!!! O______O

I am so impressed!! You’re totally a pro!!

I’ve never tried to do a cut crease look, but I might try to follow your tut for fun sometime. =)

• mytigerlily says:

Thank you!! Yeah you should definitely try it, I had so much fun :) It’s actually not hard at all, I think the key is just going back and slowly re defining everything in the last step. I’ve never really done something huge like this so thank you for your encouragement!! If you ever decide to try it out, send me pics!

3. joyce says:

this is insane tomi. i love this so much

4. grace says:

woah dude this is incredible. its like art… on your face

crazy girlie ;)

5. HAnnah says:

ur a beast spicey

6. ally says:

OH MY GOSH.
    THIS IS AMAZING.
    Seriously, you just owned Michelle Phan with this one.

7. Kim says:

Whoa, this makeup is the best I have EVER seen .. it’s true art for the eyelid!! So talented =)

8. Phyllis says:

This is definitely one of my faves from you. Keep up the good work! =)

9. Ashlee says:

I stumbled across your site via Sugar Pill’s facebook and I’m in love with your work!

10. […] Lily FOTD Posted on March 7, 2011 by rhscheer99 So I recently ran across an awesome blogger Tiger Lily that had such a sweet face of the day look I just had to try it. It’s a very edgy look and I […]