I understand that my costume was somewhat distracting in class today. Some middle school kids at Starbucks asked to take a picture with me. I thought that was pretty ballin’.
The makeup I used was a combination of cheap creme costume makeup from Walgreens and my normal cosmetics. I’ve listed steps after the cut, so that may clarify things a bit
I made the ears out of blue Model Magic and foil and colored them with black Sharpie and pink blush. I glued them to my temples/cheekbones with facial adhesive, which held up like magic! The ears themselves are a little big, I know :] It is also fairly more difficult to brush my hair with ears like that.
How long did it take you?
I woke up at about 6 and the whole getting ready process took me a little over an hour. However, I did practice on Wednesday so that I would be prepared and not waste time this morning.
Shirt and pants both from Target. Earrings from ICING, necklace from my grandma. I painted my nails with Zoya Tallulah.
- Cover eyebrows with glue stick
- Apply your Na’vi ears to cheekbones/temples with facial adhesive
- Draw in guidelines with blue pencil eyeliner (Nose guidelines from eyebrow straight down to beginning of nostril flare; both sides, Forehead stripe markings extending from these lines; more forehead, cheekbone and chin stripe markings)
- Paint in carefully with blue crème makeup; leave out lips and eyelids
- Add highlights (Turquoise shimmer eye shadow and blush brush (top of cheekbones, nose bridge to forehead), White shimmer eye shadow with finger (sides of nose, brow bone, chin)
- Face and nose contour (Black eye shadow to blend out the boxy shape created for the nose (extend up to eyebrow)
- Copper lip liner to draw in underside of nose
- Add pink blush to cheeks and under nose.
- Yellow eyeshadow on the upper eye lid; paint lips as you choose
- Paint in dark stripes with navy blue liquid liner (incorporate eyebrows and eyeliner)
- Add white dots with champagne liquid liner
- Add false lashes
- Finish with green sparkles.
*note: my lips and hands/arms are kind of worn off since I took these photos after school and XC practice (about 12 hrs of wear, not bad eh?)*
Look! I’m Giant! Like the Na’vi!!!